Hot Chocolate Time!
Finally, cool temperatures have arrived! I adore fall with the nip in the air and fading colors. It's hot chocolate time!
Even though this recipe, like most, calls for sugar, you can substitute with natural sweetener alternatives such as Swerve or Monk Fruit which does not change the flavor but does make it healthier for low carb dieters, keto followers or diabetics.
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or alternative natural sweetener)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cups whole milk, or 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk diluted with 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in saucepan.
- Add water: boil 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add milk; heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- Add vanilla with a whisk (optional).
- Top with marshmallows (optional).